Wednesday 16 April 2014

Water Proof Me Please =)

Its mid April and we are heading into the hot, sweaty, humid days of Spring/Summer ( or am I just wishful thinking).  I love this time of the year, no more uggs, bundling up or wearing a million layers of shirts, sweaters, parkas, etc.  You can definitely call me a Summer Butterfly!.  Our makeup bags need a bit of adjustment too which brings me to this post today. Waterproof makeup~ =).  Alot of my brides get married in the Summer and we definitely do not want racoon eyes or makeup melting off their faces as they are walking down the street/ out door venue.  Here are my top 5 items/ products for all you Summer Beauties~.

#1-Waterproof Mascara.  My 2 favourites has to be Loreal Voluminous and Makeup Forever Aqua Lash, these 2 are staples in my kit and I wouldn't go anywhere without them.  Both are waterproof, long lasting and can be in your local drug store or Sephora ( Makeup Forever Only).  Don't forget to label what date you opened your mascara on tho as its always good to throw it out after a max of 3 months.  We dont want germs in our eyes, and this is the time where Sharing isn't allowed either ;)



#2- Eye Liner, -Its always hard to find a good liner that lasts all day, with no smudging, moving or melting.  One of my  faves has to be Stila All Day Eye Liner- the felt pen is easy to use and it doesn't get all over your lids.  A true cat eye/feline eye can also be be done with the precision of the felt pent .  However if you aren't a liquid eye liner pro yet;) , I strongly suggest Makeup Forever Aqua Liner- Waterproof, smudge proof and very affordable. A lil tip;) The Makeup Forever Aqua Liner can also be used as a base for a smokey eye for the evening <3












#3-Eye Shadow Base/Primer- Gone are the days where your shadow creases after an hour. All that time blended is all out the window before you leave your house.  My 2 favourite eye shadow primers has to be NARS and of course the Urban Decay Eye Potion. Nars is a no colour primer that locks in the shadow to prevent creasing and movement.  It also intensifies the colour while making the shadow last all day.  Urban Decay Eye Potion is a skin/neutral base that you can apply with your brush or fingers before your shadow to prolong the longevity of your makeup =)












#4- Blush On Blush Off- Blush is the first thing that wears off on your face, from all the smiling, laughing, giggling, hugging etc. Its always great to use a liquid blush/cream blush followed by a powder blush to lock it in.  Benefit's Benetint is another staple in my makeup bag.  Its a flushed colour which can be applied on the apples of your cheeks.  Just dab some on your finger/brush/sponge and sweep away ( be quick tho, it does has a quick drying time ).  There is also Posie Tint, Cha Cha Tint and Lolli Tint for the more adventurous beauties~
#5- Sprayed,Locked and Sealed.  Last step before you step out, Seal your makeup!.  Model in a Bottle has been one the Go-To products for my clients (hosts, brides, actresses).  This spray will literally give you insurance on your makeup. A couple of sprays and you are good to go.  Waterproof, sweatproof, tearproof ;) I stock up every few months as my clients reserve them, if you would like to try let me know! you won't regret it =)


    Are there any products I am missing that you absolutely love for the Summer? I would love to     know!

  








                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment