Saturday 29 March 2014

Beautiful Skin Starts with Beautifiul Makeup Part 2



After a week of working on set, doing photoshoots and a Saturday morning wedding.  I decided it was a afternoon of " Me Time" aka Pamper Me Up Time =).  I recently had the chance  of going to Bare Essentials Skin Bar.  Located in downtown Vancouver on 970 Richards Street & very skytrain friendly,  it was the perfect location for a afternoon of Bliss.  I got the chance to meet the owner Amy (Owner and Founder) and ask her about skin and my "problem areas" before and during my treatment.

 Before my treatment, I filled out a consultation form that helped her decide which "treatments" and products were right for my skin type ( Perfect!!, as everyone has different skin and issues are always different).  During my treatment, it was Heaven on Earth!, great facial and really relaxing into my state of mind. She explained why she chose each product and how it would be beneficial for my skin, after 45 mins I swear I was a new person ;).



At Bare Essentials, they primarily use Dermalogica which is a high end skin care line sold in salons, it it has a lot of active ingredients that should be taught to you before you use them.  I have never really used their line however after today I'm sold! My favourite product was the " Multi Vitamin Power Recovery mask"which has Vitamin A, C and F in it which is great for repairing skin damage, recovery, pigmentation and your skin feels so oh so soft and smooth afterwards~



Here  are top 3 products  I also recommend

 1) Power Serum- 22ml Great for hydration, texture, pigmentation and a awesome preventable product.  This is safe around the eyes and suitable for all skin types



2) Sheer Tints-We are coming up on Spring and its time to put away all the compacts, foundations, powders etc.  Sheer Tints are great for days where you don't want to wear too much makeup. Its light with SPF20 and provides a light coverage without clogging your pores.

3)Daily Resurfacer- These are great! These travel friendly wipes exfoliate, hydrates ( serum inside) and brightens up your skin in just a wipe!
Hope you all enjoyed my Part 2 of Beautiful Makeup Starts with Beautiful Skin, If you are a Make Artist don't forget to check out their Dermalogica line, you get an industry 15% off. Tell them Carmen sent you and you can thank you me later. Is there any other lines you absolutely love? Tell me which ones, I would love to hear~

Carmen Tse
Facebook
Instagram Twitter





No comments:

Post a Comment