Wednesday 19 March 2014

Great Makeup Starts with ....


Great Makeup Starts with * drum roll please* Great Skin!. Skincare is the foundation of which provide us with the canvas to be able to do fabulous makeup! =).  As most of us know, makeup can only cover colour but not " texture".  So if our skin is not smooth, when we put makeup on top of that it will actually accentuate our imperfections believe it or not!  Some of the ways to have a " smoother " complexion is by using primer before to using out the skin texture so makeup can sit better.  If any of you have had their makeup done by me, you will know that I am a " minimalist ", I am not that type that uses a million products because the more we put on our skin the "thicker and cakier" it may become.  So I start from the very beginning  a.k.a skin care to avoid having to put too many products on

Here are 3 tips for Great Skin

1) Always wash your face before going to bed- Okay ladies I know we are all guilty of one of these where you come back home at 3-4am and are too tired.  I'll let 1 or 2 nights slide but essentially we want to be washing our face and getting rid of all makeup and impurities before we get our beauty sleep, that way our skin are heal it self


2)Exfoliate, We all have those days where we have dry patches on our face because of dry weather,  not enough sleep, stress , we have dry skin.. the list goes on.. Make sure you exfoliate ( will elaborate in Part 2 of Great Makeup next) to get rid of any dead skin cells that are on your face.  The essentially creates a more smooth canvas ( remember what I said about texture?) for makeup to sit on =)

3) Drink Water!, Its such a simple way to hydrate your skin, our skin is the biggest organ and we need to keep it hydrated to keep the youthfulness.  Drinking water is one of those things that should be second nature.  They say to drink 8 glasses a day, I say never stop,  I always carry a water bottle with me because, you really can't have enough water!=)


Stay tuned for PART 2   of Great Makeup Starts with Great Skin, I got a few more secrets to share.

Any questions, comments please feel free to email me

carmentsemakeup@gmail.com
www.carmentsemakeup.com
www.facebook.com/carmentsemakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment